• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ricker

Ricker

Admin

• Lead Admin
  • 1495 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:01 PM

I spent most of the day building a VPS (virtual private server) on a new webhost for Shadowed Realm. I had read some negative comments from users of our old webhost, but I had thought that many of these were from users who were hosted in some of the host's older clouds. Prior to the thirty-hours of downtime earlier in the week, there hadn't been too many problems that affected this site. Still, I decided not to risk additional downtime, especially since I read so many positive reviews of the host that I signed up with. I was also very annoyed that the backups on the server kept breaking, which is never a good thing.

Anyway, you probably won't notice too many differences in terms of speed/performance, since I built out the server very similarly to the way it was configured previously. Let's see how it goes.

#2 Melisende

Melisende

la reine de Outremer

• Community Coordinator
  • 2468 posts
  • Interests:Medieval Biography - specifically from the feminine point of view.

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:39 AM

such a creative admin!
~~~ Melisende

"For my part, I adhere to the maxim of antiquity: The throne is a glorious sepulchre."

Women of History

#3 Ricker

Ricker

Admin

• Lead Admin
  • 1495 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:17 PM

Thanks, Melisende. I'm just trying to keep the site running smoothly. :)

#4 Melisende

Melisende

la reine de Outremer

• Community Coordinator
  • 2468 posts
  • Interests:Medieval Biography - specifically from the feminine point of view.

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:46 AM

Few more members posting will help things along - though have been quite lax myself.
~~~ Melisende

"For my part, I adhere to the maxim of antiquity: The throne is a glorious sepulchre."

Women of History