This seems to me a thing to be noticed that just as the men of [Ireland] are during this mortal life more prone to anger and revenge than any other race, so in eternal death the saints of this land that have been elevated by their merits are more vindictive than the saints of any other region.
- Gerald of Wales, The History and Topography of Ireland.
Source information | More quotes
- Read medieval articles and medieval translations.
- Look up one of the hundreds of terms in the medieval glossary.
- Explore the events of the medieval timeline or one of over 100 different medieval maps.
- Send in articles, papers, glossary terms, timeline events, and more.