Vikingdom

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Melisende

Melisende

la reine de Outremer

• Community Coordinator
  • 2468 posts
  • Interests:Medieval Biography - specifically from the feminine point of view.

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:59 PM

Picked up this DVD - Vikingdom - the premise for which was rather, well fanciful, though I had no expectations of it being anything but entertaining.

"A forgotten king, Eirick, is tasked with the impossible odds to defeat Thor, the God of Thunder."

Alas, it was so bad that I kept watching it for a further 5 minutes before turning this travesty off.

OMG - the script, the cast, the acting - all BAD.  The fight scenes and violence - OVER THE TOP - almost Buster Keaton-like - nay, cartoonish.

MV5BMTYxODY5MTk5OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTky

And this is the "story":

"In the midst of time comes the clanging of steel against steel, a collision of myth, history and fiction.... "Vikingdom". Loosely based on Viking legends and the epic poems they left as record, combined with a creative interpretation "Vikingdom" is a fantasy, action adventure about a forgotten king, Eirick, who was tasked with the impossible odds to defeat Thor, the God of Thunder. Thor is on a mission to gather the key ancient relics - "Mjolnir" - his hammer from Valhalla, "Necklace of Mary Magdalene" from Mitgard and the "Horn" from Helheim. This needs to be accomplished before the Blood Eclipse, which happens once every 800 years, failing which, the pagan Viking Gods will never be able to rule and conquer mankind ever again. Only one man can stop him... Eirick, the undead."

Watch at you own peril.

Edited by Melisende, 22 February 2014 - 10:00 PM.

~~~ Melisende

"For my part, I adhere to the maxim of antiquity: The throne is a glorious sepulchre."

Women of History

#2 Aelfwine

Aelfwine

King / Queen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Interests:Medieval history.
    Ancient History.
    Anglo-Saxon history.

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:18 PM

A must to avoid then. Thanks, Mel`, for the warning.