20 replies to this topic

#21 Erik

Erik

King / Queen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:14 PM

Dental hygiene was non-existant - teeth and the ones she had were black!

CRINGE!
When I was younger I always used to think fondly of the classic image of the serving wench... yea alright... no tooth brushes or razors and I feel dirty if I cant hav a full wash once a day, yuk yuk yuk!

So if anything Mona Lisa was well attractive because you knew she had no teeth and that meant she didnt have nothing rotting in her mouth!

Sorry not really the arts!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We have a lot of myths about the European Middle Ages, starting with Viking horned helmets, double bladed axes, skin clothing and unkempt hair. For the later Middle ages, that they were only 4 1/2 feet in height, that no one lived longer than 35 years. that they never bathed, had no medical care, and that their teeth were rotted out Before we unreservedly accept the last two we should have to disprove the findings about the skeletons on the grounds of a mediaeval hospital, covering the entire mediaeval period, that I quoted in post #3 under Medieval Diet. It's only evidence. We can still pretend that the myths are true.